The Pirates open the regular season on Aug. 26 at Saint Peter’s before the home opener on Aug. 28 against Stony Brook. BIG EAST play begins on Sept. 17 at Creighton, with the first home BIG EAST match scheduled for Oct. 1 against Marquette. The regular season finale is set for Nov. 3 at Villanova.
SEE BELOW FOR A BRIEF PRIMER ON EACH 2016 FIXTURE
Friday, Aug. 26 – away to Saint Peter’s – 4 p.m.
- 2015 Record: 7-9-2, 4-5-1 MAAC – MAAC Tournament First Round
- All-Time Series: 26-11-4, Seton Hall
- First Meeting: 1959 (W, 1-0) || Last Meeting: 2012 (L, 3-1)
- Notables: The Hall has faced Saint Peter’s the second-most times of any opponent, behind only Rutgers…the Pirates picked up a 2-1 victory over SPU in an exhibition contest last season.
Sunday, Aug. 28 – home to Stony Brook – 7 p.m.
- 2015 Record: 6-9-3, 3-4-1 American East
- All-Time Series: 2-2-0
- First Meeting: 1969 (L, 2-0) || Last Meeting: 2009 (W, 3-2)
- Notables: After falling to SBU in 1969 and 1970, The Hall defeated the Seawolves in both the 2007 and 2009 seasons…Andrew Welker netted a hat trick in the last meeting during the 2009 season, a 3-2 victory.
Friday, Sept. 2 – away to UMass Lowell – 7 p.m.
- 2015 Record: 7-9-1, 2-4-1 America East
- All-Time Series: 1-0-0, Seton Hall
- First/Last Meeting: 2014 (W, 2-0)
- Notables: The Pirates last faced the River Hawks in the 2014 home opener…Bolu Akinyode and Victor Manosalvas scored to back a five-save shutout from Julian Spindler (Weiserbach, Germany) in the lone meeting between the two programs.
Monday, Sept. 5 – home to Pennsylvania – 7 p.m.
- 2015 Record: 3-11-2, 1-5-1 Ivy League
- All-Time Series: 12-3-1, Seton Hall
- First Meeting: 1990 (W, 4-3) || Last Meeting: 2009 (W, 3-2)
- Notables: The Pirates are 5-1-1 in the last seven meetings against the Quakers…2016 will resume a series that began in 1990 and ran once a year from 2001-09…in the last meeting during the 2009 season, Welker scored twice and Dritan Sela also tallied in a 3-2 victory.
Saturday, Sept. 10 – home to Lehigh – 1 p.m.
- 2015 Record: 13-6-3, 4-3-2 Patriot League – NCAA Tournament First Round
- All-Time Series: 1-1-0
- First Meeting: 1996 (W, 3-1) || Last Meeting: 1997 (L, 2-0)
- Notables: The Mountain Hawks are one of four 2015 NCAA Tournament teams on the schedule…the 2016 season will mark the 25th for Lehigh head coach Dean Koski…The Hall last faced a team from the Patriot League in 2015, falling at Bucknell.
Wednesday, Sept. 14 – away to Delaware – 7 p.m.
- 2015 Record: 10-7-4, 5-2-1 CAA – CAA Tournament Final
- All-Time Series: 3-5-1, Delaware
- First Meeting: 1938 (L, 4-2) || Last Meeting: 2015 (L, 2-1)
- Notables: The Hens are coached by Seton Hall alum Ian Hennessy (’90) who was an All-American with the Pirates and ranks among the program’s top-five scorers…Samuel Geiler scored off an assist from Andres Arcila (Cartagena, Colombia) when the two sides met last season.
Saturday, Sept. 17 – away to Creighton – 8 p.m.
- 2015 Record: 19-4-0, 7-2-0 BIG EAST – NCAA Tournament Quarterfinals
- All-Time Series: 1-2-0 , Creighton
- First Meeting: 2013 (W, 3-2) || Last Meeting: 2015 (L, 4-2)
- Notables: The Pirates will open conference play against the Bluejays for the second-straight season…last season Arcila notched three points and Danny Bartok (Union, N.J.) scored a goal as the Pirates pushed then-No. 1 Creighton to the brink in an eventual 4-2 setback...The Hall fell 3-2 in its first visit to Omaha in the 2014 season…the Pirates have scored at least two goals in all three meetings with Creighton.
Saturday, Sept. 24 – away to St. John’s – 7 p.m.
- 2015 Record: 4-11-3, 2-5-2 BIG EAST
- All-Time Series: 12-22-3, St. John’s
- First Meeting: 1979 (0-0, T) || Last Meeting: 2015 (L, 1-0)
- Notables: The Red Storm are the third-most played team in SHU’s history behind only Rutgers and Saint Peter’s…the Pirates last visited St. John’s in 2014, securing a 1-0 victory behind an Andrew LoManto game-winner for SHU’s first win over SJU since 2006.
Tuesday, Sept. 27 – away to Rider – 7 p.m.
- 2015 Record: 14-6-1, 6-3-1 MAAC – NCAA Tournament First Round
- All-Time Series: 9-12-2, Rider
- First Meeting: 1939 (L, 1-0) || Last Meeting: 2015 (L, 2-1)
- Notables: Broncs are one of four 2015 NCAA Tournament teams on the schedule…last meeting came in South Orange last season, a 2-1 setback…prior to that contest The Hall had won four of five against the Broncs…SHU’s last visit to Lawrenceville came in the 2013 season, a 2-1 victory behind goals from Max Garcia and Kai Greene.
Saturday, Oct. 1 – home to Marquette – 7 p.m.
- 2015 Record: 5-10-2, 1-7-1 BIG EAST
- All-Time Series: 3-5-3, Marquette
- First Meeting: 2005 (W, 3-1) || Last Meeting: 2015 (L, 1-0)
- Notables: The contest will mark The Hall’s conference home opener…SHU last played its first BIG EAST home game in October in the 2014 season, when it hosted Xavier on Oct. 11…the Pirates won its first three meetings against Marquette from 2005-07 but is 0-5-3 over the last eight contests.
Wednesday, Oct. 5 – home to Princeton – 7 p.m.
- 2015 Record: 10-5-2, 3-3-1 Ivy League
- All-Time Series: 11-14-5, Princeton
- First Meeting: 1986 (W, 3-0) || Last Meeting: 2015 (L, 3-2)
- Notables: The Pirates and Tigers have met once a year since 1986…the Tigers have won the last eight contests between the two sides…last season Bartok and Geiler both scored while Lukas Pangonis (Kaunas, Lithuania) and Alex Pozesky (Columbia, Pa.) each notched assists in a 3-2 setback…Princeton’s last visit to South Orange was a wild 5-4 affair that featured six second-half goals.
Saturday, Oct. 8 – away to DePaul – 1 p.m.
- 2015 Record: 5-13-1, 4-4-1 BIG EAST – BIG EAST Tournament First Round
- All-Time Series: 1-4-1, DePaul
- First Meeting: 2005 (T, 2-2) || Last Meeting: 2015 (L, 3-2 (2 OT))
- Notables: The Pirates recorded their lone win in six tries against DePaul during the 2013 campaign…the Blue Demons overcame a 1-10 start to finish fifth in the BIG EAST and reach the conference tournament last season…in last season’s overtime setback, Bartok and Spencer Burkhardt (Palmyra, Pa.) both scored for The Hall.
Saturday, Oct. 15 – home to Providence – 1 p.m.
- 2015 Record: 8-7-3, 4-4-1 BIG EAST – BIG EAST Tournament Semifinals
- All-Time Series: 12-14-6, Providence
- First Meeting: 1982 (L, 8-0) || Last Meeting: 2015 (L, 4-0)
- Notables: The Pirates will be looking to snap a three-game losing skid to the Friars…in The Hall’s last victory in the series in 2012, Christian Battistesa and George Velasquez found the back of the net for a 2-1 triumph…Bartok led The Hall with three shots in SHU’s trip to Providence last season while Burkhardt put a pair on goal.
Saturday, Oct. 22 – away to Butler – 7 p.m.
- 2015 Record: 10-4-4, 6-3-0 BIG EAST – BIG EAST Tournament First Round
- All-Time Series: 0-2-1, Butler
- First Meeting: 2013 (L, 2-0) || Last Meeting: 2015 (L, 3-0)
- Notables: The Pirates are winless in three meetings with the Bulldogs since BU joined the BIG EAST prior to the 2013 season…The Hall has not scored a goal in the three match-ups with Butler…in The Hall’s lone previous trip to Indianapolis in 2014, Spindler backstopped the Pirates to a 0-0 draw.
Wednesday, Oct. 26 – home to Georgetown – 7 p.m.
- 2015 Record: 16-2-3, 9-0-0 BIG EAST – NCAA Tournament Second Round
- All-Time Series: 17-17-2
- First Meeting: 1963 (W, 4-3) || Last Meeting: 2015 (L, 3-2 (2OT))
- Notables: After falling to GU six straight times from 2009-13, the Hall defeated the Hoyas 1-0 in 2014 and pushed a Hoya club ranked No. 7 nationally to double overtime in a 3-2 setback in 2015…Bartok and Julian Kennedy scored against GU in Washington last season…Andrew LoManto scored the game-winner to knock off the No. 3 Hoyas in their last trip to South Orange in 2014.
Saturday, Oct. 29 – home to Xavier – 7 p.m.
- 2015 Record: 12-6-1, 5-3-1 BIG EAST – BIG EAST Tournament Semifinals
- All-Time Series: 0-3-0, Xavier
- First Meeting: 2013 (L, 3-0) || Last Meeting: 2015 (L, 3-0)
- Notables: The Hall will be searching for their first result against XU after falling in all three meeting since the Musketeers joined the BIG EAST prior to the 2013 season…Bolu Akinyode is the lone Pirate to score against Xavier, tallying in a 3-1 setback in South Orange during the 2014 campaign.
Thursday, Nov. 3 – away to Villanova – 3 p.m.
- 2015 Record: 9-8-0, 4-5-0 BIG EAST
- All-Time Series: 19-12-1, Seton Hall
- First Meeting: 1984 (L, 1-0) || Last Meeting: 2015 (L, 3-2 (OT))
- Notables: The Pirates will close the regular season against the Wildcats for the second-straight year…last season Burkhardt and Kennedy both tallied in an eventual overtime setback…the Pirates fired a season-high 22 shots in the contest…SHU and VU played to a 1-1 draw in their last meeting at Villanova in 2014.
Prior to the start of the regular season, the Pirates will play a pair of preseason matches at home against LIU Brooklyn (Aug. 17) and on the road at Fordham (Aug. 21). The BIG EAST Tournament, featuring the top-six in the 10-team league table, begins with first round action on Nov. 6 before Semifinal play on Nov. 10 and the Final on Nov. 13. All BIG EAST Championship contests are hosted by the higher seed.